[TRANS] 170421 Wang Yibo's handwritten letter to Brother Han on COSMOPOLITAN

April 21, 2017





To Han ge, 

You have always said, “The elder brother is like a father”. 

It has been almost 10 years since I have left home to work, therefore it is such a precious opportunity for me to stand beside you like this. 

Last year, I stood beside you with my identity as part of “Little Day Day Up Brothers”. For me who was usually a person of few words, I was really anxious. Nevertheless, you would always constantly take appropriate measures for every temporary conditions that happened on each stage. You said about this term called ‘host’ (chinese word: “主持人”), “主” (literal translation: host, main, idea) refers to a kind of mind, “持” (literal translation: hold, support, manage) refers to a type of skill, while “人” (literal translation: human, person) refers to feelings or emotion. To become a good host, you have to forget about your mind, neglect your skills and use your feelings and emotions to influence the audience who are in front of you. With that intent, this is what I learned from him in regards towards my job. 

Each time we filmed the show, brother Han always had only one assistant by his side. He even had his sling bag with him for more than ten years. During the summer, he always had a clean white T-shirt on while wearing a pair of red wooden slippers. He said that we need to learn to break away in order to move forward. This is what I learned from him in regards towards life.

When we were filming about food, the pots, stoves and seasonings were ready made. Each time we finished filming, he would cook noodles for us in the waiting room, where one of the noodles is called “Le Noodles”. He said, this is “Le Noodles” because LeLe jiejie loves it very much. How sweet of them~ This is what I learned from him in regards towards love.

To have such a wonderful senior to guide my steps, I am really blessed. 

Wang Yibo
9th March 2017 


(T/N: “Gege” refers to older brother and “Jiejie” refers to older sister)

trans: jiji (@wenjoox) 
Please do not take out without any credits. 
Thank you. 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.